- 1 cup free range mince (beef or chicken)
- ½ cup cooked red lentils
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 3-4 baby marrows, grated
- 2 kale leaves, finely chopped
- Fresh herbs of your choice, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- Cook the red lentils according to the packet instructions.
- Add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and add the whisked egg.
- Mix well.
- If the mixture looks a little runny, you can add a little bit of stone ground whole wheat flour or almond flour to help bind the mixture.
- Heat a pan and add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Spoon bite size amounts into the pan and allow to brown on the one side, turn and cook on the other side.