THAI STYLE BUTTERNUT SOUP
- 2 tbsp. olive/canola oil
- 800g butternut, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 500ml stock
- 45ml lime juice
- 1tsp honey
- 1 large TBS sweet chili sauce
- 1 can light coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup low fat milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Place butternut, onion, garlic, honey, salt and pepper into a baking dish and toss well to combine. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Add the butternut mix and stock to a pot on the stove and simmer for a few minutes.
- Blend the stock and roasted vegetables until smooth.
- Add the lime juice, sweet chili sauce and coconut milk and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper
For more delicious recipes: Check out our recipe page.
For an appointment, contact Munchwize Dietitians Cape Town