Specialised: Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Lactose Free.
Makes 25 small pancakes
- 2 tbsp. flax powder
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups milk (soy, coconut, almond etc.)
- 1 tbsp. vanilla essence
- ½ tbsp. honey
- ½ tsp oil
- 1 ½ cups teff flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Add the flax seed powder, milk, vanilla, honey, and ½ teaspoon oil. Blend well.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the teff flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir in the flax, milk mixture.
- Place your non-stick pan over a medium heat.
- Scoop the batter and pour it onto a non-stick pan, one heaping tablespoon for each pancake.
- Cook pancakes for 3-4 minutes on the first side, or until you see tiny holes on the top of the pancakes. Flip them over and cook for another minute or two.
Try these delicious fillings:
- Chopped up banana or mixed berries, a drizzle of honey and greek yoghurt
- Cinnamon and honey
- Melted Cacao nips, honey and sliced banana
- Banana and almond butter