SPINACH & PANEER CURRY
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed and sliced
- 2c, piece of ginger, grated
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 2 tsp. garam masala
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- ½ can chickpeas
- 1 can tinned tomatoes
- 600 g spinach, chopped
- 1 small sweet potato, diced into cubes
- 50 ml plain yoghurt
- Salt and pepper to season
- 400g Paneer cheese
- Add your onion and garlic to a pot with a drizzle of oil and cook until the onion has softened.
- Add the various spices and ginger for 1-2 minutes and then add the sweet potato. Cook for a further 5 min until the sweet potato is coated in the spices.
- Pour in the tin of tomatoes, chickpeas and spinach and allow this to simmer on a low heat.
- In the meantime fry the paneer cheese in a drizzle of oil or a non-stick pan. Once it has browned, pop that into your other pot with the yoghurt.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in a whole wheat wrap or with some cauliflower dahl – see recipe here
Find out how to make your own paneer cheese here
Munchwize Dietitians are based in Claremont, Cape Town.