SPICY CAULIFLOWER SOUP
This is a delicious winter dinner or lunch option and perfect for all you banters/cauliflower lovers out there.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. Zatar spice (optional)
- Zest of ½ a lemon
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 large celery sticks, chopped into 3cm pieces
- 1 tsp. caraway seeds
- Salt and white pepper to season
- 1 large cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced into small cubes
- 1.4 liters veggie stock (or chicken stock for non-vegetarians)
- Pour a dash of olive oil into a pot on a medium heat.
- Add your onions and garlic and cook until slightly translucent.
- Add the chopped thyme, parsley, Zatar powder and caraway seeds and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and potato as well as the stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for another 10-15minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Using a hand-held blender, blitz the soup until smooth.
- Return to the heat and add the lemon zest.
Mustard croutons (not the healthies, but quite delicious)
- 5g unsalted butter
- Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a pan melt the butter and stir in some Dijon mustard.
- Take off the heat and stir in your ciabatta pieces.
- Spread out on a non-stick oven pan and bake for about 10 minuutes until crisp.
For more yummy winter recipes, have a browse through our recipes