Roasted cauliflower, pickled onion and sesame tofu bounty bowl with ginger soy dressing
A great meal to share with family or loved ones. Vegetarian and vegan friendly. Experiment with different ingredients.
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup Cooked Pearl barley per person
- 1/4 cup Raw red cabbage
- 1/4 cup Raw baby spinach
- 1/4 cup Cauliflower roasted with a sprinkle of cumin
- 1/2 an Avo
- 4 tbsp. Pickled red onion
- 1/4 cup Dry fried mushrooms and baby marrow
- 4 tbsp. Raw baby corn
- 1 packet tofu
- 3 tbsp. Roasted pumpkin and sunflower seeds
1. Thinly slice the cabbage, spinach and baby corn and set aside.
2. Cut small florets off the cauliflower, drizzle with some coconut oil and cumin and pop into the oven for about 10 minutes to roast. At the same time roast your nuts in the oven until they start to pop.
3. Slice the mushrooms and baby marrow and pan fry with some lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Remove from the pan and set aside.Then fry the tofu cubes with a dash of the soy ginger dressing.
4. Scoop some barley into your bowl, then layer the rest of your ingredients and top with the seeds – see our photo for some inspiration.
Soy ginger dressing:
- 2tsp. Freshly grated ginger
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- 2 tbsp. Olive/sesame oil
- 2-3 tbsp. Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. Fish sauce
- 2tbsp. Hot water
- Chili (optional)
Mix all together and drizzle over your bowl.
This is best served as a family style sharing bowl. The amounts for the ingredients can vary as long as you are adding loads of veg.
For more delish recipes from Munchwize Dietitians Cape Town, click here