OSTRICH STIR FRY | MUNCHWIZE DIETITIANS CAPE TOWN
Ostrich is a great alternative to other ‘ed meat. It is low in fat (even lower than some chicken cuts) and saturated fat and is a great source of iron.
Cooking tip: Ostrich fillet is best cooked on a high heat for a shorter period.
- One-two ostrich steaks
- ½ – ¾ cup coked barley or brown basmati rice
- Stir fry pack of your choice (e.g. cabbage, carrot, mange tout, mushrooms etc.)
- 1/3 cup Orange juice
- 2 tbsp. low salt soy sauce
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Cook your ostrich steaks in a non-stick pan with some garlic and herbs
- Remove from pan and slice into strips
- Add sesame oil to pan and once hot, add stir fry veg with a splash of fresh orange juice and low sodium soy sauce.
- Add your barley, ostrich and veg to a bowl and top with some fresh coriander and toasted sesame seeds.
Recipe adapted from: Woolworths
Munchwize Registered Dietitians are based in Claremont, Cape Town.
Find out what more we offer here.