MOTHER’S DAY GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
This recipe is ideal for gluten-intolerant individuals. It contains cocoa and a large Harvard study has shown that cocoa consumption is associated with:
- Decreased blood pressure
- Improved blood vessel health
- Improvement in cholesterol levels, among other benefits.
Gluten free chocolate brownies
This recipe makes 48 squares
- 200g solid raw cocao paste
- 375g ground almonds
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 whole free-range eggs
- 250g xylitol
- 300g cocao butter
- Preheat your oven to 160°C
- Mix together the cocao paste, ground almonds, coconut, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Whisk together the eggs and xylitol until light and fluffy. The xylitol should be dissolved.
- Melt the cocoa butter.
- Fold together the cocoa mixture and the egg mixture in a bowl until combined. Then fold the warm cocao butter into the mixture until combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased baking dish and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Leave to cool, and slice.
- Pack into a hand made beautiful box for a special mothers day present.
- Serve with a warm cup of tea. The perfect treat!
Not a fan of brownies, why not have a look at some of the other yummy recipes available for a mother’s day treat
This recipe was created in association with The Association for Dietetics in South Africa,ADSA, and SA chef Vanessa Marx.