MOROCCAN GOURMET BRINJAL BURGERS
Specialised: Diabetic Friendly, Vegetarian
DINNER IN TEN MINUTES, EAT ME: Moroccan Gourmet Brinjal Burgers: Serves 2
• Cut up a brinjal into thick “patty’’ slices
• Cook in the microwave first or steam for 5 minutes (until soft)
• Once soft place in non-stick pan and cook with Moroccan spices (bought at Woolworths)
• Can use your own spices: turmeric, cumin and ginger.
• While brinjal is cooking, cook tomato relish in another pan.
• Relish is made from chopped onions, garlic, tomato and freshly chopped parsley.
• Use brown whole-wheat buns: use avocado on the base, layer with brinjal patty, relish, and another brinjal patty. Add chopped gherkins, cucumber and lettuce.
• Drizzle with low fat plain yoghurt on top and sprinkle with Italian herbs.