Mexican sweet potato – serves 2
Specialised: Gluten Free, Diabetic Friendly.
This is a real comfort food winner
- 2 small – medium sweet potatos
- 1 large ripe avo
- 2 tbsp. plain low fat cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Zest of half a lemon
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander
- ½ round feta
- 1 small onion
- ½ – ¾ of a tin cannelloni beans
- 1 large handful mushrooms, sliced
- ½ tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ – 1 chili (depending on it’s strength)
- Wrap your sweet potatoes in foil and pop them into an oven at 200 degrees.
- While your potatoes cook: Dice the onion and garlic and fry in a pan until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and cannelloni beans.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes and chili and simmer on a low heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the guacamole: mash your ripe avo together with the cream cheese, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Once the sweet potatoes are cooked, move from the oven and make a slit length ways. Push on the sides of the potato to open up this slit.
- Stuff your potato with your bean mixture and top with a generous dollop of guacamole. Finish with some fresh coriander and a sprinkle of feta cheese.
Munchwize Registered Dietitians Cape Town are based in Claremont. Contact us here