Lemon Pie Yum Bites
These are a great snack to have on the go or a yummy treat to put into kids lunch boxes.
- 80g ground almonds/almond flour
- 20g chia seeds (You can also opt for almonds only – then use 100g)
- 40g desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp. raw honey
- fine zest of ½ a fresh lemon
- Juice of ½ a fresh lemon
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix until it all becomes a little sticky.
- Scoop out about a tablespoon of the mixture and squeeze into little balls
- Place the balls on some baking paper in the fridge and leave over night.
- You can roll them in some additional coconut if you like.
- Store in an airtight container.
Wet your hands to make the rolling of these little balls a bit easier.
Munchwize Dietitians are based in Claremont, Cape Town.