HOW TO SATISFY THAT CHOCOLATE CRAVING | MUNCHWIZE DIETITIANS CAPE TOWN
Instead of depriving yourself of treats completely. Try this option, it’s delicious, healthy and will satisfy that ” I feel like something sweet’‘ craving. It’s okay to have a treat every now and then. You can treat yourself with a coconut date ball: 2-3 times a week, as your indulgence.
Coconut, Date and Nut Treats
• 2 cups walnuts, or other nut/seed of choice
• 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
• 2 cups dates, pitted
• 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a large food processor fitted with an “S” blade, process the walnuts and coconut until crumbly. Add in the dates, coconut oil, vanilla and sea salt and process again until a sticky, well mixed batter is formed.
2. Scoop the mixture by heaping tablespoons, then roll between your hands to form balls. Arrange them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, then place in the freezer to set for at least an hour before serving. Store the balls in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer for an even longer shelf life.
3. You can also roll them in shredded coconut or cocoa powder before chilling!
Munchwize Dietitians are based in Claremont, Cape Town. To contact us, click here