HEALTHY DATE BALLS | MUNCHWIZE DIETITIANS CAPE TOWN
A great treat for the whole family or an easy DIY edible present. These are also great as a higher energy snack.
Specialised: Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegan, Vegetarian.
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coco powder
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Soak the dates in hot water for an hour.
- Add to a NutriBullet or high power blender.
- Blitz into a puree.
- Add the coconut oil and blitz together.
- Remove mixture from the blender and stir in the coconut and ground almonds.
- Roll the mixture into little balls.
- These can then be rolled in additional coconut or coco powder or sesame seeds.
- Pack into a container and allow them to set in the fridge.
- Store in your fridge.
For more recipe and meal ideas, visit our recipe page: http://munchwize.co.za/recipes
Munchwize Dietitians are based in Claremont, Cape Town. To contact us, click here