FLOURLESS NUT BUTTER COOKIES
These are not really diet friendly cookies as they are packed with energy. But make a good high energy snack for kids or athletes.
- 1 cup peanut butter/ almond butter/ cashew nut butter etc. (No sugar or salt added products are the best to use, check out our range here)
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg
- 6 tbsp. raw honey/maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper or silicone non-stick mats.
- In a bowl, toss the oats, cinnamon, and baking soda together and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the egg then mix in the peanut/nut butter and honey until combined.
- Pour in the dry ingredients and slowly mix until everything is combined. Depending how thick and/or cold your peanut butter is, you’ll have to use some arm muscles.
- Chill the cookie dough for 30 minutes.
- Scoop the dough, about 1 1/2 tbsp. each, onto prepared baking sheet.
- Gently press down on the dough mounds with the back of a fork.
- If you find the cookie dough balls are oily-looking from your peanut butter, blot each with a paper towel.
- Bake for 9 – 10 minutes. The cookies will look very soft and underbaked, but that’s ok. (For crispy cookies, bake for up to 12 minutes).
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Adapted from: Sally Baking Addiction