COCONUT MILK QUINOA
Specialised: Gluten Free, Vegan
Quinoa is a gluten-free, low GI delicious grain that is a GREAT SOURCE of protein, fibre, iron, B vitamins, phosphorous, potassium and zinc. The power of protein to keeping you fuller for longer.
Prep Time: 25 min Serves 2
- 1/2 cup quinoa (rinsed)
- 3/4 cup lite coconut milk (canned)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 banana (chopped)
- Handful of nuts/seeds (unsalted) OR
- 1 tsp Nut Butter
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- Combine quinoa, coconut milk, cinnamon and vanilla in a small pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cover for 15 minutes until quinoa can be fluffed with a fork.
- Divide quinoa into bowls then add your bananas and nuts. Drizzles with honey and a little extra coconut milk + cinnamon (optional).