CHICKPEA, LENTIL AND FETA SALAD | MUNCHWIZE DIETITIANS CAPE TOWN
This is another quick and easy low fat salad. Packed with fibre and nutritious goodness.
- 1 heaped cup lentils
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp. vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cups tinned chickpeas
- 2 cups roasted butternut cubes
- 1 cup rocket
- 1/2 cup coriander
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 2 tomatoes – chopped
- 1/2 onion – finely chopped
- Handful of pitted olives
- 1 round of reduced fat feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 2 large lemons
1. Thoroughly rinse lentils.
2. Add rinsed lentils to a pot with water. Add the bay leaf & garlic clove & vegetable stock.
3. Bring the water to a boil and then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer.
4. Cook, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes. You may need to add water as needed to make sure the lentils are just barely covered.
5. Strain the cooked lentils & remove any seasonings.
6. Combine the lentils & drained, tinned chickpeas with the butternut, tomato, onion, coriander, baby spinach & rocket
7. Dress with a mix of olive oil & lemon juice
8. Crumble over the feta cheese.
Recipe adapted from :DNAlysis
Munchwize Registered Dietitians are based in Claremont, Cape Town.
Find out what more we offer here.