AVO CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
Avocados contain mono-unsaturated fats that help keep your heart healthy! They are also a good source of Vitamin E, folic acid and selenium.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 orange
- 3 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. xylitol
- Cut the avo in half and remove and discard the pip and skin.
- Add the avo, banana, cocoa powder, and xylitol into a food processor,
- Zest and juice the orange and add both to the food processor.
- Blend until completely smooth and dark chocolate brown.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. You can serve it with additional fresh fruit e.g. strawberries or fresh berries
- You can adjust the sweetness and darkness by adding more or less xylitol and cocoa powder.
- Xylitol can also be substituted with honey, a low calorie or non-nutritive sweetener.
- Replace the orange with another flavour variation e.g. cinnamon, lemon zest etc.
Source: ADSA: https://nutritionconfidence.wordpress.com