This is a great,healthy winter dinner option.
1 large butternut
1 red onion
1 clove of garlic
1 handful fresh sage
10 sundried tomatoes or fresh tomatoes
1/4 cup macadamia nuts
2 tbsp. sunflower seeds
1/4 cup quinoa
1/4 cup dried cranberries
Dash of wine
1. Cut the butternut into two halves and spoon out the seeds and a little extra flesh so that you have a wide cavity to fill with the stuffing. Pop the two butternut halves into a preheated oven (180 degrees).
2. Finely chop the extra butternut flesh along with the onion and garlic. Add to the pan with the butternut seeds and fry for a few minutes.
3. Finely chop the sage and crush your nuts. Add these to the pan along with the cranberries and sunflower seeds. Cook for a few minutes to give the nuts a slight golden colour.
4. Add a dash of wine and the quinoa and cook for a further 10min.
5. Remove the butternut halves and add the stuffing.
6. Wrap the two halves in tin foil and pop back into the oven.
7. Allow the butternut to cook for about 30min or until the flesh is soft.
8. Remove from the oven. Top with some feta cheese and serve with a big green salad.
Munchwize Dietitians are based in Claremont, Cape Town. Contact us here.
For more delicious and healthy recipes, check out our recipe page here.